Derksen Backyard Barn
The Derksen backyard barn is built in a tradition of Mennonite craftsmanship. All Derksen portable buildings allow for multiple customizations to size, colors, building materials, windows, and doors. The backyard barn is perfect as a backyard storage building, mini-barn, shed, or utility building. Our barns are offered with both metal or wood construction, and multiple finish options (see below).
As the country’s largest and most trusted manufacturer of backyard storage sheds, Derksen sets the standard in the portable building industry. Derksen offers the option to buy or rent to own with no credit check with flexible payment options!
Each barn comes with 48″ high side walls and plenty of headroom.. 8′ wide buildings come with a single shop-built door. 10′ and wider come standard with double shop-built doors.
Please use our 3D building configurator to customize the lofted barn to your liking and submit a request for a quote:
Derksen Backyard Barn
The Derksen BackYard Barn is available with multiple customization options. Buildings are constructed in the tradition of Mennonite craftsmen with extra attention to detail and quality. All exposed nails are ring-shanked and galvanized for maximum strength and to prevent rust spots or stains. 2'x4' reinforced doors are designed to seal out rain and rodents, and a series of air vents are positioned to create optimum circulation and temperature control. All exposed material is also pressure treated to ensure long life and extra weather resistance.
Pre-Fab Building Siding Options include:
- Treated Siding (ready to paint)
- Painted Siding
- Metal Siding
Pre-Fab Building Sizes (ft) includes:
- 8x12 ft
- 8x14 ft
- 8x16 ft
- 10x10 ft
- 10x12 ft
- 10x14 ft
- 10x16 ft
- 12x12 ft
- 12x14 ft
- 12x16 ft
Additional Backyard Barn standard features include:
- 5/8" floor decking
- Pressure-treated skids and floor joists on all buildings
- Caulked and sanded nails on siding before paint is applied.
- Ring-shanked & galvanized nails for maximum strength and to prevent rust stains
- Choice of Metal Or Shingle Roof
- 24 inch on center wall studs with doubled under siding seams to help seal building, same strength as 16 inches on center (as in home construction).
- Floor joists with 2x6's in 10' and 12' wide buildings, 16 inches on center, and set into notched skids to prevent twisting.
- Floor joists never span more than about 5 ft without being supported by a 4x6 skid.
- Floor Joists are 12 inches in the center on all Garages.
Build your own with our 3D Barn Configurator!
Derksen offers Rent-to-Own options on their portable buildings. Take advantage of 36 month and 60 month options with no credit checks.
Derksen offers a 5-year limited warranty on materials and workmanship on its standard line of products and a 3-year limited warranty on its Best Value line of products. Derksen will repair or replace any construction or material defect that does not fall within the reasonable expectation of an outside storage building. All building materials such as metal, shingles, treated lumber, and siding are covered by the manufacturer’s warranties.
Warranties are only available on new building purchases.
Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas