Derksen Metro Garden Shed
The Derksen Metro Garden Shed or She-Shed is built in a tradition of Mennonite craftsmanship. All Derksen portable buildings allow for multiple customizations to size, colors, building materials, windows, and doors. The Metro Garden Shed is perfect as a backyard barn, she-shed, or workshop. We also offer options to include additional insulation, power, and air conditioning.
As the country’s largest and most trusted manufacturer of backyard buildings, Derksen sets the standard in the portable building industry. Derksen offers the option to buy or rent to own with no credit check with flexible payment options!
Each lofted cabin barn comes with a loft at each end. Sizes range from 10′ to 20′ ft wide, with lengths between 7′ and 20′ ft long
Please use our 3D building configurator to customize the lofted barn to your liking and submit a request for a quote:
Derksen Metro Garden Shed
The Derksen Metro Garden Shed is available with multiple customization options. Many people also refer to these buildings as she-sheds or backyard barns. Our buildings are constructed in the tradition of Mennonite craftsmen with extra attention to detail and quality. All exposed nails are ring-shanked and galvanized for maximum strength and to prevent rust spots or stains.
Metro Garden Shed and She Shed Standard Features:
- The Metro Garden Shed comes with 36″ or 48″ single door on 7′ and 8′ wide buildings and double doors on 10' wide buildings
- Painted or Urethane LP Smart Siding standard.
- All exposed material is also pressure treated to ensure long life and extra weather resistance.
- Pre-Fab Building Widths (ft) include 10' to 20' ft wide, with lengths between 7' and 20' ft long.
- Pre-Fab Building Siding Options include: Treated Siding (ready to paint), Painted Siding or Metal Siding
Additional Metro Garden Shed and She-Shed features include:
- 5/8" floor decking
- Pressure-treated skids and floor joists on all buildings
- Caulked and sanded nails on siding before paint is applied.
- Ring-shanked & galvanized nails for maximum strength and to prevent rust stains
- Choice of Metal Or Shingle Roof
- 24 inch on center wall studs with doubled under siding seams to help seal building, same strength as 16 inches on center (as in home construction).
- Floor joists with 2x6's in 10' and 12' wide buildings, 16 inches on center, and set into notched skids to prevent twisting.
- Floor joists never span more than about 5 ft without being supported by a 4x6 skid.
- Floor Joists are 12 inches in the center on all Garages.
Find Metro Gardeb Sheds, She-Sheds Near Me:
Derksen builds and delivers its lofted barn cabins and tiny homes to Arkansas, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas. Please call us directly at 770-786-5711 or design your own cabin on our 3D Shed Builder.
Derksen offers Rent-to-Own options on their portable buildings. Take advantage of 36 month and 60 month options with no credit checks.
Derksen offers a 5-year limited warranty on materials and workmanship on its standard line of products and a 3-year limited warranty on its Best Value line of products. Derksen will repair or replace any construction or material defect that does not fall within the reasonable expectation of an outside storage building. All building materials such as metal, shingles, treated lumber, and siding are covered by the manufacturer’s warranties.
Warranties are only available on new building purchases.
Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas